“The crown is not my right, and pleaseth me not. The Lady Mary is the rightful heir.” Lady Jane Grey
Lady Jane Grey takes the throne of England. Sometimes referred to as “The Nine Days Queen”, she ruled from July 10, 1553 to July 19, 1553.
Lady Jane Grey – Queen – Associated Links:
- Lady Jane Grey | English History: https://englishhistory.net/tudor/relative/lady-jane-grey/
- Lady Jane Grey | History Today: http://www.historytoday.com/richard-cavendish/lady-jane-grey-proclaimed-queen
- Lady Jane Grey |BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/grey_lady_jane.shtml
- Lady Jane Grey | Biography.com: https://www.biography.com/people/lady-jane-grey-9320636
- Lady Jane Grey | The Nine Day Queen: Historic UK: http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/Lady-Jane-Grey/
- Debunking the myth of Lady Jane Grey | 1843| The Economist: https://www.1843magazine.com/content/leanda-de-lisle/lady-jane-grey
- Lady Jane Grey | Britannica.com: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Lady-Jane-Grey
- Quotes by Lady Jane Grey: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/jane_grey
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.