“Liberty in a free and democratic society does not require the state to approve the personal decisions made by it’s citizens; it does, however, require the state to respect them” Bertha Wilson
Bertha Wilson is appointed the first woman to sit on the Supreme Court of Canada.
Bertha Wrenham Wilson CC FRSC was a Canadian jurist and the first female Puisne Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada.
Bertha Wilson – Canadian Jurist- Associated Links:
- Bertha Wilson | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Bertha-Wilson
- Bertha Wilson | The Canadian Encyclopedia: http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/bertha-wilson/
- Bertha Wilson | Supreme Court of Canada: http://www.scc-csc.ca/judges-juges/bio-eng.aspx?id=bertha-wilson
- Bertha Wilson Biography | Yale University: http://gruber.yale.edu/justice/bertha-wilson
- “Bertha Wilson becomes the first woman appointed to the Supreme Court” | Canadian Museum of History: http://gruber.yale.edu/justice/bertha-wilson