“Earth’s crammed with heaven…
But only he who sees, takes off his shoes.” Elizabeth Barett Browning
Elizabeth Barett Browning English Poet was born.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning was an English poet of the Victorian era, popular in Britain and the United States during her lifetime. Born in County Durham, the eldest of 12 children, Elizabeth Barrett wrote poetry from about the age of six. She is the poet and author of Sonnets from the Portguese.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning – Poet – Associated Links:
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning | Poetry Foundation: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poets/elizabeth-barrett-browning
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning | Biography.com: https://www.biography.com/people/elizabeth-barrett-browning-9228932
- “Elizabeth Browning’s five best poems” | The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/mar/06/elizabeth-browning-five-best-poems
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning | Britannica.com: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Elizabeth-Barrett-Browning
- “Sonnets from the Portuguese” | The British Library: https://www.bl.uk/works/sonnets-from-the-portuguese
- “Sonnets from the Portuguese” | Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sonnets-Portuguese-Classic-Elizabeth-Browning/dp/1334700192
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning | Quotes: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/67032.Elizabeth_Barrett_Browning