“No one has ever become poor by giving” Anne Frank
Anne Frank, Dutch Author and Holocaust victim was born.
Anne Frank was a German-born diarist. One of the most discussed Jewish victims of the Holocaust, she gained fame posthumously with the publication of The Diary of a Young Girl (originally Het Achterhuis in Dutch; English: The Secret Annex), in which she documents her life in hiding from 1942 to 1944, during the German occupation of the Netherlands in World War II. It is one of the world’s most widely known books and has been the basis for several plays and films.
On June 25, 1947 Anns Franks book “Het Achterhuis” (The Secret Annex) otherwise known as “The Diary of a Young Girl” is published. It has since been translated into 67 languages.
Anne Frank – Author – Associated Links:
- Anne Frank | Official Site: https://www.annefrank.com
- Anne Frank | Biography.com: https://www.biography.com/people/anne-frank-9300892
- Anne Frank | HISTORY.com: http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/anne-frank
- Anne Frank | Holocaust Museum: https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005210
- Anne Frank | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Anne-Frank
- Anne Frank | British History: http://www.bl.uk/learning/histcitizen/voices/info/annefrank/annefrank.html
- Anne Frank | Jewish Women’s Archive: https://jwa.org/encyclopedia/article/frank-anne
- Anne Frank | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/lists/authors/top_10_anne_frank_quotes
- “Anne Frank and her family were also denied entry as refugees to the U.S.” | The Washington Post: https://wapo.st/2MmW88Y
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.