“I am very much interested in providing medical care in underserved settings, specifically surgical care, I hope to be able to go back to Ghana over the course of my career to help in building sustainable surgical infrastructure.” Nancy Abu-Bonsrah
Nancy Abu-Bonsrah becomes the first black female Neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Nancy Abu-Bonsrah – Neurosurgeon – Associated Links:
- Nancy Abu-Bonsrah | Essence.com: https://www.essence.com/essence-africa/nancy-abu-bonsrah-johns-hopkins
- “Johns Hopkins has first black Neurosurgeon resident” | CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/health/hopkins-black-woman-neurosurgeon-trnd/index.html
- “Meet Ghanian Nancy Abu-Bonsrah: First black female neurosurgery resident at Johns Hopkins Hospital” | This is Africa: https://thisisafrica.me/meet-ghanaian-nancy-abu-bonsrah-first-black-female-neurosurgeon-johns-hopkins-hospital/
- “World-leading medical college accepts first black female neurosurgeon” | Independent.co.uk: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/johns-hopkins-first-black-female-neurosurgeon-nancy-abu-bonsrah-world-leading-resident-a7648911.html
- “Johns Hopkins just accepted it’s first black female neurosurgeon resident” | USA Today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/03/23/johns-hopkins-just-accepted-its-first-black-female-neurosurgeon-resident/99484458/
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.