Alison Hargreaves becomes the first woman to conquer Everest without oxygen or the help of Sherpas.
Alison Jane Hargreaves was a British mountain climber. Her accomplishments included scaling Mount Everest alone, without supplementary oxygen or support from a Sherpa team, in 1995.
Alison Hargreaves – British Mountaineer – Associated Links:
- Alison Hargreaves | Britannica.com: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Alison-Hargreaves
- Alison Hargreaves Biography | Everest.com: http://www.everesthistory.com/climbers/alisonhargreaves.htm
- “Top of the World: When Highlands climber Alison Hargreaves made history on Everest” | BBC Scotland: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1r42F2Sy0M9dPhBrfkfGX0H/top-of-the-world-when-highlands-climber-alison-hargreaves-made-history-on-everest
- “Historical Badass: Mountaineer Alison Hargreaves” | Adventure Journal: https://www.adventure-journal.com/2017/01/historical-badass-mountaineer-alison-hargreaves/
- “Climbing: The Last Ascent of Alison Hargreaves” | Outside Online: https://www.outsideonline.com/1830051/climbing-last-ascent-alison-hargreaves
- “Overlooked No More: Alison Hargreaves, Who Conquered Everest Solo and Without Bottled Oxygen” | The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/obituaries/overlooked-alison-hargreaves.html