Alison Hargreaves becomes the first woman to conquer Everest without oxygen or the help of Sherpas.
Alison Jane Hargreaves was a British mountain climber. Her accomplishments included scaling Mount Everest alone, without supplementary oxygen or support from a Sherpa team, in 1995.
Alison Hargreaves – British Mountaineer – Associated Links:
- Alison Hargreaves | Britannica.com: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Alison-Hargreaves
- Alison Hargreaves Biography | Everest.com: http://www.everesthistory.com/climbers/alisonhargreaves.htm
- “Top of the World: When Highlands climber Alison Hargreaves made history on Everest” | BBC Scotland: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1r42F2Sy0M9dPhBrfkfGX0H/top-of-the-world-when-highlands-climber-alison-hargreaves-made-history-on-everest
- “Historical Badass: Mountaineer Alison Hargreaves” | Adventure Journal: https://www.adventure-journal.com/2017/01/historical-badass-mountaineer-alison-hargreaves/
- “Climbing: The Last Ascent of Alison Hargreaves” | Outside Online: https://www.outsideonline.com/1830051/climbing-last-ascent-alison-hargreaves
- “Overlooked No More: Alison Hargreaves, Who Conquered Everest Solo and Without Bottled Oxygen” | The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/obituaries/overlooked-alison-hargreaves.html
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.