“I was annoyed from the start by the attitude of doubt on the part of the spectators that I would never really make the flight. They knew I had never used the machine before, and probably thought I would find some excuse at the last moment to back out of the flight. This attitude made me more determined than ever to succeed.” Harriet Quimby
Harriet Quimby becomes the first woman to fly an airplane across the English Channel.
Harriet Quimby – American Aviator- Associated Links:
- Harriet Quimby | National Aviation Hall of Fame: http://www.nationalaviation.org/our-enshrinees/quimby-harriet/
- America’s First Lady of the Air| PBS.org: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/americas-first-lady-of-the-air.html
- Harriet Quimby | Britannica.com: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Harriet-Quimby
- Harriet Quimby First Licensed U.S. Woman Pilot | HistoryNet.com: http://www.historynet.com/harriet-quimby-first-licensed-us-woman-pilot.htm
- Harriet Quimby | Famous Scientists: https://www.famousscientists.org/harriet-quimby/
- Harriet Quimby | Airwingmedia.com: http://airwingmedia.com/pilots/2013/harriet-quimby-first-woman-licensed-pilot-america-cross-english-channel/
- Harriet Quimby | Quotes: https://www.thoughtco.com/harriet-quimby-quotes-3530097
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.