“I don’t make music for eyes. I make music for ears.” Adele
Adele English Singer-Songwriter is born.
Adele Laurie Blue Adkins MBE is an English singer and songwriter. After graduating from the BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in 2006, Adele was given a recording contract by XL Recordings after a friend posted her demo on Myspace the same year. In 2007, she received the Brit Awards “Critics’ Choice” award and won the BBCSound of 2008 poll. Her debut album, 19, was released in 2008 to commercial and critical success. It is certified seven times platinum in the UK, and three times platinum in the US. The album contains her first song, “Hometown Glory”, written when she was 16, which is based on her home suburb of West Norwood in London. An appearance she made on Saturday Night Live in late 2008 boosted her career in the US. At the 51st Grammy Awards in 2009, Adele received the awards for Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
Adele – Singer-Songwriter – Associated Links:
- Adele | Home: http://adele.com/home/
- Adele | Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4dpARuHxo51G3z768sgnrY?autoplay=true
- Cover Story: “Queen of Hearts” | Vanity Fair: https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2016/10/adele-cover-story
- “Adele Had Us Long Before Hello” | Vogue: https://www.vogue.com/article/adele-march-2016-cover
- “Adele Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return” | Rolling Stone: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/adele-inside-her-private-life-and-triumphant-return-20151103
- “Adele Cries to Her Music Too” – The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/arts/music/adele-25-album-interview.html
- Adele | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/adele