“No circumstance in the natural world is more inexplicable than the diversity of form and color in the human race.” Mary Sommerville
Mary Sommerville Scottish Science writer was born.
Mary Fairfax Somerville was a Scottish science writer and polymath. She studied mathematics and astronomy and was nominated to be jointly the first female member of the Royal Astronomical Society at the same time as Caroline Herschel.
Mary Sommerville – Scottish Science writer – Associated Links:
- Mary Sommerville | Biographies of Women Mathematicians | Agness Scott College: https://www.agnesscott.edu/lriddle/women/somer.htm
- Mary Sommerville | ThoughtCo: https://www.thoughtco.com/mary-somerville-biography-3530354
- Mary Sommerville | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Mary-Somerville
- Mary Sommerville | Women in European History: http://womenineuropeanhistory.org/index.php?title=Mary_Somerville
- Mary Sommerville | Quotes: http://www.azquotes.com/author/32452-Mary_Somerville
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.