“I’ve never seen myself as a ‘girl driver.’ I’m just a driver.” Danica Patrick
Danica Patrick becomes the first woman in history to win an Indy car race when she wins the Indy Japan 300.
Danica Patrick is an American professional racing driver, model, and advertising spokeswoman. She is the most successful woman in the history of American open-wheel racing—her win in the 2008 Indy Japan 300 is the only women’s victory in an IndyCar Series race and her third place in the 2009 Indianapolis 500 is the highest finish there ever by a woman. She competed in the series from 2005 to 2011. In 2012, she competed in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and occasionally in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
Danica Patrick – American racing driver- Associated Links
- History.com: http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/danica-patrick-becomes-first-woman-to-win-indy-race
- “Danica Patrick Captures First IndyCar Win” | CBS News: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/danica-patrick-captures-first-indycar-win/
- “Danica Patrick becomes IndyCar’s first woman victor with triumph in Japan” | The New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/20/sports/20iht-INDY.1.12161714.html
- “Patrick triumphs in Japan, becomes the first woman to win IndyCar race” http://www.espn.com/racing/racing/indycar/news/story?id=3355226
- “Danica Patrick Makes History With Indy Japan 300 Win” | FOX News: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/04/20/danica-patrick-makes-history-with-indy-japan-300-win.html
- Danica Patrick | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/danica_patrick
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.