Bertha Benz drives round trip from Mannheim to Pforzheim in the first long distance automobile trip.
Bertha Benz was a German automotive pioneer. She was the business partner and wife of automobile inventor Karl Benz. In 1888, she was the first person to drive an automobile over a long distance.
Bertha Benz – German business partner – Associated Links:
- Aug 12, 1888: Road Trip@ Berta Takes the Benz | Wired: https://www.wired.com/2010/08/0812berta-benz-first-road-trip/
- Bertha Benz – the woman at the wheel of the first ever road trip | The Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/features/bertha-benz-woman-wheel-first-ever-road-trip/
- Bertha Benz and the First-Ever Road Trip | Mental Floss: http://mentalfloss.com/article/63226/bertha-benz-and-first-ever-road-trip
- Bertha Benz Hits the Road | History.com: http://www.history.com/news/bertha-benz-hits-the-road
- Bertha Benz | Mercedes- Benz: https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/classic/bertha-benz/