“Women will run the 21st Century….
This is going to be the women’s century and young people are going to be its leaders.” Bella Abzug – April 1997
Bella Abzug introduced the legislation proclaiming August 26th as Women’s Equality Day.
Bella Abzug –
- Women’s Equality Day | National Women’s History Project: http://www.nwhp.org/resources/commemorations/womens-equality-day/
- Womens’ Equality Day | TimeandDate: https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/women-equality-day
- “Meet the Woman Behind Woman’s Equality Day” | TIME: http://time.com/4459168/womens-equality-day-bella-abzug/
- “The Day Women Went on Strike” | TIME: http://time.com/4008060/women-strike-equality-1970/
- “Women’s Equality Day: A Short History” | ThoughCo: https://www.thoughtco.com/womens-equality-day-august-26-4024963
- “Women’s Equality Day is August 26- Here’s what that Means” | Refinery29: http://www.refinery29.com/2017/08/169124/womens-equality-day-explained
- About Bella Abzug | Bella Abzug Leadership Institute: http://www.abzuginstitute.org/about-bella-abzug/
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.