“Women will run the 21st Century….
This is going to be the women’s century and young people are going to be its leaders.” Bella Abzug – April 1997
Bella Abzug introduced the legislation proclaiming August 26th as Women’s Equality Day.
Bella Abzug –
- Women’s Equality Day | National Women’s History Project: http://www.nwhp.org/resources/commemorations/womens-equality-day/
- Womens’ Equality Day | TimeandDate: https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/women-equality-day
- “Meet the Woman Behind Woman’s Equality Day” | TIME: http://time.com/4459168/womens-equality-day-bella-abzug/
- “The Day Women Went on Strike” | TIME: http://time.com/4008060/women-strike-equality-1970/
- “Women’s Equality Day: A Short History” | ThoughCo: https://www.thoughtco.com/womens-equality-day-august-26-4024963
- “Women’s Equality Day is August 26- Here’s what that Means” | Refinery29: http://www.refinery29.com/2017/08/169124/womens-equality-day-explained
- About Bella Abzug | Bella Abzug Leadership Institute: http://www.abzuginstitute.org/about-bella-abzug/