“Quietness is an essential part of all awareness. In quiet times and sleepy times, a child can dwell in thoughts of his own, and in songs and stories of his own.” Margaret Wise Brown
Margaret Wise Brown American writer is born.
Margaret Wise Brown was an American writer of children’s books, including the novels Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny, both illustrated by Clement Hurd.
Margaret Wise Brown – Writer – Associated Links:
- Margaret Wise Brown| Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Margaret-Wise-Brown
- “The bold, boisterous woman behind the classic children’s tale ‘Goodnight Moon’: https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/the-bold-boisterous-woman-behind-the-classic-childrens-tale-goodnight-moon/2017/01/09/e29b3854-d1ef-11e6-a783-cd3fa950f2fd_story.html?utm_term=.eb0522d69eda
- “Goodnight Moon’ author was a bisexual rebel who didn’t like kids” | New York Post: https://nypost.com/2017/01/07/goodnight-moon-author-was-a-bisexual-rebel-who-hated-kids/
- 11 Fascinating Facts about “Goodnight Moon” | Mental Floss: http://mentalfloss.com/article/64005/11-fascinating-facts-about-goodnight-moon
- Margaret Wise Brown | Official Site: http://margaretwisebrown.com
- Margaret Wise Brown | Quotes | Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/18479.Margaret_Wise_Brown
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.