“… all this time the personality of Lincoln was gradually sinking deeper and deeper into my soul. I was modeling the man in clay, but he was being engraven still more deeply upon my heart…” Vinnie Ream
Vinnie Ream receives a commission from the United States government for a statue of Abraham Lincoln. She was the first and at the age of 18, the youngest woman to receive such a commission.
Lavinia Ellen “Vinnie” Ream Hoxie was an American sculptor. Her most famous work is the statue of Abraham Lincoln in the U.S. Capitol rotunda.
Vinnie Ream – Sculptor- Associated Links:
- Vinnie Ream | Official Site: https://www.vinnieream.com
- Vinnie Ream | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Vinnie-Ream
- Vinnie Ream | Architect of the Capitol: https://www.aoc.gov/capitol-hill/artists/vinnie-ream
- Vinnie Ream | Memorable Women: http://www.memorablewomen.com/?p=119
- Vinnie Ream | Civil War Women: https://www.civilwarwomenblog.com/vinnie-ream/
- Vinnie Ream | The State Historical Society of Missouri: https://shsmo.org/historicmissourians/name/r/ream/
- Vinnie Ream | Arlington Cemetery: http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/vrhoxie.htm
- Vinnie Ream | Goodreads | Quotes: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/14732120.Vinnie_Ream