“… all this time the personality of Lincoln was gradually sinking deeper and deeper into my soul. I was modeling the man in clay, but he was being engraven still more deeply upon my heart…” Vinnie Ream
Vinnie Ream receives a commission from the United States government for a statue of Abraham Lincoln. She was the first and at the age of 18, the youngest woman to receive such a commission.
Lavinia Ellen “Vinnie” Ream Hoxie was an American sculptor. Her most famous work is the statue of Abraham Lincoln in the U.S. Capitol rotunda.
Vinnie Ream – Sculptor- Associated Links:
- Vinnie Ream | Official Site: https://www.vinnieream.com
- Vinnie Ream | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Vinnie-Ream
- Vinnie Ream | Architect of the Capitol: https://www.aoc.gov/capitol-hill/artists/vinnie-ream
- Vinnie Ream | Memorable Women: http://www.memorablewomen.com/?p=119
- Vinnie Ream | Civil War Women: https://www.civilwarwomenblog.com/vinnie-ream/
- Vinnie Ream | The State Historical Society of Missouri: https://shsmo.org/historicmissourians/name/r/ream/
- Vinnie Ream | Arlington Cemetery: http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/vrhoxie.htm
- Vinnie Ream | Goodreads | Quotes: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/14732120.Vinnie_Ream
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.