“I think that if you shake the tree, you ought to be around when the fruit falls to pick it up.” Mary Cassatt
Mary Cassatt American Painter is born.
Mary Stevenson Cassatt was an American painter and printmaker. She was born in Pennsylvania but lived much of her adult life in France, where she first befriended Edgar Degas and later exhibited among the Impressionists.
Mary Cassatt – Painter – Associated Links:
- Mary Cassatt | Official Site: https://www.marycassatt.org
- Mary Cassatt | Metropolitan Museum of Art: https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/cast/hd_cast.htm
- Mary Cassatt | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Mary-Cassatt
- Mary Cassatt | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/mary-cassatt-9240820
- Mary Cassatt | Artsy: https://www.artsy.net/artist/mary-cassatt
- Mary Cassatt | The Art Story: http://www.theartstory.org/artist-cassatt-mary.htm
- “Mary Cassatt Painted Domestic Life in a Way Male Impressionists Couldn’t” | Artsy: https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-mary-cassatt-painted-domestic-life-way-male-impressionists
- Mary Cassatt | National Museum of Women in the Arts: https://nmwa.org/explore/artist-profiles/mary-cassatt
- Mary Cassatt -Selected Paintings| National Gallery of Art: https://www.nga.gov/features/slideshows/mary-cassatt-selected-paintings.html
- Mary Cassatt | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/mary_cassatt
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.