“No individual, regardless of where they live or whom they love, should suffer discrimination.” Kate Brown
Kate Brown Governor of Oregon is born.
Kate Brown is an American politician who is the 38th and current Governor of Oregon. Brown, a Democrat, and an attorney, previously served as Oregon Secretary of State and as majority leader of the Oregon State Senate, where she represented portions of Milwaukie and of Northeast and Southeast Portland.
On November 9, 2016, Kate Brown became the first openly LGBT person to be elected governor.
Kate Brown – Governor – Associated Links:
- Kate Brown | Official Site: http://www.oregon.gov/gov/Pages/index.aspx
- Kate Brown | Twitter: https://twitter.com/OregonGovBrown
- Kate Brown | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oregongovernor/
- Kate Brown Biography | Ballotpedia: https://ballotpedia.org/Kate_Brown
- Kate Brown | Kate for Governor: https://katebrownfororegon.com
- “For First Time, Openly LGBT Governor Elected: Oregon’s Kate Brown” | NPR: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/09/501338927/for-first-time-openly-lgbt-governor-elected-oregons-kate-brown
- “Meet Kate Brown, the first openly LGBT person to be elected governor of a state” | The Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/10/meet-the-first-openly-gay-person-to-be-elected-governor-of-a-state/?utm_term=.19fad475c8a5
- Kate Brown | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/kate_brown