“I did nothing but work. I made work my hobby. I was lucky that way.” Mary Roebling
Mary Roebling becomes the first woman to be the governor of the American Stock Exchange.
Mary Gindhart Herbert Roebling was an American banker. She was the first woman to serve as president of a major US bank.
Mary Roebling – Banker -Associated Links:
- “1937: Mary Roebling” | Capital Century: http://www.capitalcentury.com/1937.html
- Mary Roebling | Rutgers University: https://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/scua/roebling
- “October 28, 1958: Mary Roebling Became the First Female Governor of the American Stock Exchange | Lifetime: http://www.mylifetime.com/blog/she-did-that/october-28-1958-mary-roebling-became-the-first-female-governor-of-the-american-stock-exchange
- “Mary Roebling: the first lady of finance | Treasury Today: http://treasurytoday.com/2015/03/mary-roebling-the-first-lady-of-finance-ttbigp
- “Women Making History” | Wells Fargo History: https://www.wellsfargomedia.com/wmfh/womenBankers.html
- Mary Roebling | Quotes: http://www.azquotes.com/author/36664-Mary_Roebling
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.