Prudence Crandall American Schoolteacher is born.
Prudence Crandall was an American schoolteacher and activist who pushed for women’s suffrage and the rights of African Americans in the United States.
Prudence Crandall – Teacher – Associated Links:
- Prudence Crandall | Biography
- Prudence Crandall | Britannica
- Prudence Crandall | National Women’s History Museum: https://www.womenshistory.org/education-resources/biographies/prudence-crandall
- Prudence Crandall | History of American Women: http://www.womenhistoryblog.com/2012/09/prudence-crandall.html
- Prudence Crandall (1803-1890) | Connecticut History: https://connecticuthistory.org/people/prudence-crandall/
- “Prudence Crandall, Woman of Courage” | UPENN Digital Library: http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/yates/crandall/crandall.html
- “Prudence Crandall Fights for Equal Access to Education” | Connecticut History: https://connecticuthistory.org/prudence-crandall-fights-for-equal-access-to-education/
- “Prudence Crandall: In Defiance of Racism- Foundation for Economic Education” | Foundation for Economic Education: https://fee.org/articles/she-dared-to-teach-black-girls/