“You don’t need to represent a snowy country to compete in the bobsled.” Seun Adigun, the captain of Team Nigeria — the first African nation to participate in the event — started out as a track-and-field star via The New York Times Magazine
The First Nigerian Bobsled Team makes their debut at the PyeongChang Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony.
- “Nigeria’s First Bobsled Team Arrives at the Olympics Opening Ceremony and People Are Really Excited” http://time.com/5142773/nigerian-bobsled-team-opening-ceremony-winter-olympics-2018/
- “The First African Team to Compete in Bobsled” | The New York Magazine: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/31/magazine/winter-olympics-bobsled-nigerian-seun-adigun.html
- “Nigerian women’s bobsled team makes Olympic history” | NBC News: https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/nigerian-women-s-bobsled-team-makes-olympic-history-1158152771992
- “Winter Olympics 2018: All eyes on remarkable Nigerian women bobsleigh team” https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2018-02-09-winter-olympics-2018-all-eyes-on-remarkable-nigerian-women-bobsleigh-team/
- “How Nigeria’s first ever Winter Olympians went from track to bobsled” | CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/africa/nigeria-bobsled-team-winter-olympics/index.html
- “We’re all goofballs’ – meet Nigeria’s historic bobsleigh team”| BBC Sport:: http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/42908172
- “Meet Nigeria’s first-ever Olympic bobsled team, the first from Africa”| Business Insider: http://www.businessinsider.com/nigeria-has-its-first-bobsled-team-2018-2
- “Meet the Nigerian Women’s Bobsled Team Who are Africa’s First Ever Winter Olympic Athletes in the Sport” | People: http://people.com/sports/nigerian-women-bobsled-team-winter-olympics/
- “Nigerians meet their Winter Olympic bobsled Team” | Vanguard: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/nigerians-meet-winter-olympic-bobsled-team/
- “Meet the Nigerian Bobsled and Skeleton Team” | Travel Start: http://www.travelstart.com.ng/blog/meet-the-nigerian-bobsled-skeleton-team/
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.