“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” George Eliot
Mary Anne Evans English Novelist is born.
Mary Anne Evans, known by her pen name George Eliot, was an English novelist, poet, journalist, translator and one of the leading writers of the Victorian era.
- George Eliot | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/George-Eliot
- George Eliot | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/george-eliot-9286017
- George Eliot | BBC History: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/eliot_george.shtml
- George Eliot | Notable Biographies: http://www.notablebiographies.com/Du-Fi/Eliot-George.html
- “Middlemarch and Me: What George Eliot Teaches Us” | The New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/02/14/middlemarch-and-me
- “Rereading: Middlemarch by George Eliot” | The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2007/aug/04/fiction.asbyatt
- “Why Marriage is the Start of an ‘Epic’ According to George Eliot” | The Atlantic: https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/01/why-marriage-is-the-start-of-an-epic-according-to-george-eliot/283408/
- “The Life of George Eliot” by Nancy Henry – review | The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/jun/01/life-of-george-eliot-nancy-henry-review
- George Eliot | Goodreads | Quotes: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/173.George_Eliot
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.