“But he who dares not grasp the thorn /Should never crave the rose.” Anne Brontë
Anne Brontë English novelist and poet is born.
Anne Brontë was an English novelist and poet, the youngest member of the Brontë literary family. The daughter of Patrick Brontë, a poor Irish clergyman in the Church of England, Anne Brontë lived most of her life with her family at the parish of Haworth on the Yorkshire moors.
Partly because the re-publication of The Tenant of Wildfell Hall was prevented by Charlotte Brontë after Anne’s death, she is not as well known as her sisters. However, her novels, like those of her sisters, have become classics of English literature.
Anne Brontë – Novelist – Associated Links:
- Anne Brontë | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/anne-brontë-11919986
- Anne Brontë | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Anne-Bronte
- Anne Brontë | UPENN Digital Library: http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/bronte/bronte-anne.html
- Anne Brontë | Poetry Foundation: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poets/anne-bronte
- “Anne Brontë the unsung sister who turned the gaze on men” | The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2014/jan/17/anne-bronte-sister-men-charlotte-emily
- Anne Brontë | Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8249.Anne_Bront_
- Anne Brontë | Goodreads | Quotes: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/8249.Anne_Bront_