“Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titantic who waved off the dessert cart.” Erma Bombeck
Erma Bombeck American humorist is born.
Erma Louise Bombeck was an American humorist who achieved great popularity for her newspaper column that described suburban home life from the mid-1960s until the late 1990s.
Bombeck also published 15 books, most of which became bestsellers. From 1965 to 1996, Erma Bombeck wrote over 4,000 newspaper columns chronicling the ordinary life of a midwestern suburban housewife with broad, and sometimes eloquent humor. By the 1970s, her columns were read, twice weekly, by 30 million readers of the 900 newspapers of the U.S. and Canada.
Erma Bombeck – Humorist – Associated Links:
- Erma Bombeck | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/erma-bombeck-259338
- Erma Bombeck | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Erma-Louise-Bombeck
- “Why Erma Bombeck is still the patron saint of motherhood comedy” | The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/may/08/erma-bombeck-writer-motherhood-columns-books
- Erma Bombeck is born | HISTORY: http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/erma-bombeck-is-born
- “Remembering Erma” | People: http://people.com/archive/remembering-erma-vol-47-no-16/
- Erma Bomback | American Writers Museum: https://americanwritersmuseum.org/erma-bombeck/
- Erma Bombeck | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/erma_bombeck