“There will always be people who challenge the idea that you belong, but it’s important to work hard, to focus on yourself, and prove that you belong in this space of high-level athletics.” Ibtihaj Muhammad
Ibtihaj Muhammad American Sabre Fencer is born.
Ibtihaj Muhammad is an American sabre fencer, and a member of the United States fencing team. She is best known for being the first Muslim American woman to wear a hijab while competing for the United States in the Olympics.
Ibtihaj Muhammad – Fencer – Associated Links:
- Ibtihaj Muhammad | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/ibtihaj-muhammad-071416
- Ibtihaj Muhammad | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ibtihajmuhammadusa/
- Ibtihaj Muhammad | Twitter: https://twitter.com/IbtihajMuhammad
- Ibtihaj Muhammad | Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ibtihajmuhammad/?hl=en
- Ibtihaj Muhammad | Team USA: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-fencing/athletes/Ibtihaj-Muhammad
- “Ibtihaj Muhammad Get’s First Hijab- Wearing Barbie Designed After Her” | People: http://people.com/style/ibtihaj-muhammad-has-hijab-wearing-barbie-designed-after-her/
- “US Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad says she was detained by customs for being Muslim” | The Independent: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ibtihaj-muhammad-us-olympic-fencer-detain-customs-hijab-donald-trump-muslim-ban-a7570621.html
- “Ibtihaj Muhammad makes U.S. history, wears hijab in Olympics” | USA Today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2016/08/08/ibtihaj-muhammad-makes-us-history-wears-hijab-in-olympics/88399686/
- “Ibuthaj Muhammad: 5 Facs to Know About the Olympic Athlete and Fashion Designer” | The Hollywood Reporter: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ibtihaj-muhammad-5-facts-know-917652
- “Rio Olympics: Ibtihaj Muhammad is First American Olympian in Hijab” | Rolling Stone: https://www.rollingstone.com/sports/ibtihaj-muhammad-first-american-olympian-in-hijab-w432942
- Ibtihaj Muhammad | Quotes: http://www.azquotes.com/author/95530-Ibtihaj_Muhammad
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.