“Peace is a fragile thing. It takes courage to secure it. It takes wisdom to maintain it.” Jenny Shipley
Jennifer Shipley becomes the first Prime Minister of New Zealand.
Dame Jennifer Mary Shipley DNZM PC is a former New Zealand politician who served as the 36th Prime Minister of New Zealand from 1997 to 1999. She was the first woman to hold the position, and is the only woman to have led the National Party.
Jenny Shipley – Prime Minister – Associated Links:
- Jenny Shipley | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/jenny-shipley-9482234
- Jenny Shipley | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Jennifer-Shipley
- Jenny Shipley | United Nations Foundation: http://www.unfoundation.org/features/cwwl-bios/current-cwwl-members/Jenny-Shipley.html
- Jenny Shipley | NZHistory: https://nzhistory.govt.nz/people/jenny-shipley
- Jenny Shipley | LinkedIn: https://nz.linkedin.com/in/dame-jenny-shipley-82792727
- “The 9th Floor: Jenny Shipley, New Zealand’s first woman Prime Minister” | Stuff: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/91990768/the-9th-floor-jenny-shipley-new-zealands-first-woman-prime-minister
- Jenny Shipley | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/jenny_shipley
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.