Blanche Stuart Scott American Aviator is born
Blanche Stuart Scott, also known as Betty Scott on October 23, 1910 became the first woman to fly at a public event in the U.S. at Fort Wayne, Indiana. She became the first woman to drive across the United States and the first woman to fly in America.
Blanche Stuart Scott – Aviator – Associated Links:
- Blanche Stuart Scott | Women in Aviation | Smithsonian: https://airandspace.si.edu/explore-and-learn/topics/women-in-aviation/scott.cfm
- Blanche Stuart Scott | National Women’s Hall of Fame: https://www.womenofthehall.org/inductee/blanche-stuart-scott/
- Blanche Stuart Scott | Women in Aviation International: https://www.wai.org/pioneers/2002/blanche-stuart-scott
- Blanche Stuart Scott (1889-1970) Pioneer Aviatrix | Hargrave the Pioneers: http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/scott.html
- Blanche Stuart Scott | Woman Pilot: http://womanpilot.com/?p=114
- “October 23, 1910: Blanche Stuart Scott Became the First American Woman Pilot to Take Flight” | Lifetime: http://www.mylifetime.com/blog/she-did-that/october-23-1910-blanche-stuart-scott-became-the-first-american-woman-pilot-to-take-flight
- “On This Day: Blanche Stuart Scott is the first American pilot to make a public flight” | Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls: https://amysmartgirls.com/on-this-day-blanche-stuart-scott-is-the-first-female-american-pilot-to-make-a-public-flight-7aa1534726ca
- “Aviation pioneer Blanche Stuart Scott had attitude, altitude” | Democrat and Chronicle: https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/local/2013/06/10/aviation-pioneer-blanche-stuart-scott-had-attitude-altitude/2410165/
- “She Went Where Only Eagles Dared” | The Crooked Lake Review: http://www.crookedlakereview.com/articles/67_100/82jan1995/82shilling.html
- “Tomboy of the Air” | Moment of Indiana History: https://indianapublicmedia.org/momentofindianahistory/tomboy-air/
- Blanche Scott – First American Woman to Fly | Pioneers of Aviation: https://av8rblog.wordpress.com/2014/11/04/blanche-scott-first-american-woman-to-fly/
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.