“I praise loudly. I blame softly.” Catherine the Great
Catherine II, Catherine the Great, Former Emperor of all Russia is born.
Catherine II, also known as Catherine the Great, born Princess Sophie of Anhalt-Zerbst, was Empress of Russia from 1762 until 1796, the country’s longest-ruling female leader.
Catherine II – Emperor – Associated Links:
- Catherine the Great | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/catherine-ii-9241622
- Catherine the Great | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Catherine-the-Great
- Catherine the Great | BBC History: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/catherine_the_great.shtml
- Catherine the Great | St. Petersburg: http://www.saint-petersburg.com/royal-family/catherine-the-great/
- Catherine the Great: Biography & Accomplishments & Death | Live Science: https://www.livescience.com/42006-catherine-the-great.html
- Catherine the Great | HISTORY TV: http://www.history.co.uk/biographies/catherine-the-great
- Catherine the Great Biography | Notable Biographies: http://www.notablebiographies.com/Ca-Ch/Catherine-the-Great.html
- “8 Things You Didn’t Know About Catherine the Great” | HISTORY: http://www.history.com/news/8-things-you-didnt-know-about-catherine-the-great
- “Empress of All Russias” | The New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/books/review/catherine-the-great-portrait-of-a-woman-by-robert-k-massie-book-review.html
- “When Catherine the Great Invaded the Crimea and Put the Rest of the World on Edge” | Smithsonian: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/when-catherine-great-invaded-crimea-and-put-rest-world-edge-180949969/
- “The Late 18th Century: The Reign of Catherine the Great” | Guggenheim: https://www.guggenheim.org/arts-curriculum/topic/the-late-18th-century
- Catherine the Great | Biography Online: https://www.biographyonline.net/royalty/catherine-the-great.html
- “Catherine the Great Biography | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5htYavwnLr8
- Catherine the Great | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/catherine_the_great
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.