Laskarina “Bouboulina” Pinotsis Greek naval commander is born.
Laskarina “Bouboulina” Pinotsis was a Greek naval commander, heroine of the Greek War of Independence in 1821, and allegedly first woman-admiral of the Imperial Russian Navy.
Laskarina Bouboulina – Naval Commander – Associated Links:
- .Laskarina Bouboulina: The Female Solider | History of Greece: http://thefemalesoldier.com/blog/laskarina-bouboulina
- Laskarina Bouboulina: Giving All for the Sake of Her Nation |Hellenic News: https://hellenicnews.com/bouboulina-giving-sake-nation/
- Laskarina Bouboulina | Greece.com: http://www.greece.com/info/people/Laskarina_Bouboulina/
- “Women’s History Month: Remembering Laskarina Bouboulina” | Windy City Greek: https://windycitygreek.com/womens-history-month-bouboulina/
- “Laskarina Bouboulina, the Lady of the Revolution” | Neos Kosmos: http://neoskosmos.com/news/en/remembering-laskarina-bouboulina-What-the-early-history-of-modern-Greece-teaches-us-about-oppression-andf-reedom%20
- Laskarina Bouboulina, the Fearless Female Naval Commander” | The National Herald: https://www.thenationalherald.com/155588/laskarina-bouboulina-fearless-female-naval-commander-dimitra-pontoporou/
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.