“It is one of my sources of happiness never to desire a knowledge of other people’s business.” Dolley Madison
Dolley Madison Former First Lady of the United States is born.
Dolley Payne Todd Madison was the wife of James Madison, President of the United States from 1809 to 1817. She was noted for her social graces, which boosted her husband’s popularity as President.
Dolley Madison – First Lady – Associated Links:
- Dolley Madison | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/dolley-madison-9394952
- Dolley Madison | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Dolley-Madison
- Dolley Payne Todd Madison | White House: https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/first-ladies/dolley-payne-todd-madison/
- Dolley Madison | James Madison Montpelier: https://www.montpelier.org/learn/tag/dolley-madison
- Dolley Madison | White House Historical Association: https://www.whitehousehistory.org/bios/dolley-madison
- Dolley Madison | First Ladies | HISTORY: http://www.history.com/topics/first-ladies/dolley-madison
- Dolley Madison | History of American Women: http://www.womenhistoryblog.com/2011/03/dolley-madison.html
- Dolley Madison | Notable Biographies: http://www.notablebiographies.com/Lo-Ma/Madison-Dolley.html
- Dolley Madison | University of Virginia: http://rotunda.upress.virginia.edu/dmde/bio-intro.xqy
- “The Legend of Dolley Madison’s Red Velvet Dress” | History | Smithsonian: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-legend-of-dolley-madisons-red-velvet-dress-123261186/
- “When Dolley Madison Took Command of the White House” | History | Smithsonian: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-dolley-madison-saved-the-day-7465218/
- Dolley Madison | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/dolley_madison
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.