“When one’s aim is to achieve greatness… everyone is expendable” Empress Wu Zeitian
Empress Wu Zetian, the first and only female Emperor of China, is born.
Empress Wu Zetian alternatively named Wu Zhao, Wu Hou, and during the later Tang dynasty as Tian Hou, also referred to in English as Empress Consort Wu or by the deprecated term “Empress Wu”, was a Chinese sovereign who ruled unofficially as empress consort and empress dowager and later, officially as empress regnant (皇帝) during the brief Zhou dynasty (周, 684–705), which interrupted the Tang dynasty (618–690 & 705–907). Wu was the sole officially recognized empress regnant of China in more than two millennia.
Empress Wu Zetian – Emperor – Associated Links:
- Empress Wu | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Wuhou
- Empress Wu Biography | Women in World History: http://www.womeninworldhistory.com/heroine6.html
- Empress Wu Zetain of Tang Dynasty: Travel China Guide: https://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/history/tang/emperor_wuzetian.htm
- Empress Regent of the Zhou Dynasty | History of Royal Women: https://www.historyofroyalwomen.com/wu-zetian/empress-regnant-zhou-dynasty-wu-zetian/
- Empress Wu Zetian Biography } Totally History: http://totallyhistory.com/empress-wu-zetian/
- “Wu-Zetian – A Woman’s Journey to Rule” | HISTORY: https://www.historychannel.com.au/articles/wu-zetian-womans-journey-rule/
- “Empress Wu Zetian: An example of Female Power Which Remains Relevant Today” | South China Morning Post: http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/2054886/empress-wu-zetian-example-female-power-which-remains-relevant-today
- “The Demonization of Empress Wu” | Smithsonian: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-demonization-of-empress-wu-20743091/
- “Wu Ziatan, The Female Empower of China” | Headstuff: https://www.headstuff.org/history/wu-zetian-female-emperor-china/
- “Top 10 of the Most Evil Power Women in China’s History” | What’s on Weibo: https://www.whatsonweibo.com/top-10-of-the-most-evil-power-women-in-chinas-history/
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.