The U.S. Women’s Hockey Team wins the Gold Medal against Canada at the Gangneung Hockey Centre during the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics.
The United States women’s national ice hockey team is controlled by USA Hockey. The United States has been one of the most dominant women’s hockey teams in international play, having won gold or silver in every major tournament with the exception of the 2006 Winter Olympics, where they captured bronze. The U.S. had 75,832 female players in 2018, 13.6% of the 555,935 total.
In 1998, the Women’s Olympic Hockey Team was named the USOC Team of the Year. In 2015, the Women’s National Ice Hockey Team was named the USOC Team of the Month, in April. In 2018, the Women’s Olympic Hockey Team won the gold medal in a 3-2 shootout, ending their 20-year drought.
U.S. Womens Hockey Team- 2018 Gold Medalist – Associated Links:
- U.S. Womens Hockey Team | Team USA | 2017-18 Women’s National Team: http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show/3367388-2017-18-women-s-national-team
- “U.S. Women’s Team Hockey Team Wins Gold, Beating Canada In Penalty Shootout Thriller”| The Torch | NPR: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetorch/2018/02/21/587802529/u-s-women-s-hockey-team-faces-canada-in-gold-medal-final-at-winter-olympics
- “U.S. Olympics Women’s Hockey Team to be honored during Capitols Outdoor Game at Navy”: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capitals-insider/wp/2018/02/23/u-s-womens-olympic-hockey-team-to-be-honored-during-caps-outdoor-game-at-navy/?utm_term=.82b95634743d
- “How the U.S. Women’s Hockey Team gave us the most exciting moment of the Games” | Boston: https://www.boston.com/sports/olympics/2018/02/22/how-the-us-womens-hockey-team-gave-us-the-most-exciting-moment-of-the-olympics
- “The U.S. Women’s Hockey Team’s Shootout Win Over Canada Is the Moment of this Olympics” | The Ringer: https://www.theringer.com/olympics/2018/2/22/17040066/usa-womens-hockey-gold-medal-jocelyne-lamoureux-davidson