“I worked hard…I concentrated entirely on learning how to do science. But that was not an effort I made as a woman to compete against men. I knew that by working hard, I could slowly unwrap the secrets of nature…this was such a joy…the sheer joy I enjoyed as a researcher.” Katsuko Saruhashi
Katsuko Saruhashi Japanese Geochemist is born.
Katsuko Saruhashi was a Japanese geochemist who made some of the first measurements of carbon dioxide levels in seawater and subsequently showed the evidence in seawater and the atmosphere of the dangers of radioactive fallout.
Katsuko Saruhashi – Geochemist – Associated Links:
- Katsuko Saruhashi Biography| Game of Trendz: https://www.gameoftrendz.com/2018/03/21/geochemist-katsuko-saruhashi-bio-age-awards-death-books-facts-family/
- “Who is Katsuko Saruhashi?” | The Indian Express: http://indianexpress.com/article/who-is/who-is-katsuko-saruhashi-google-doodle-5107190/
- “Who was Katsuko Saruhashi? 10 Things to Know About The Feminist Geochemist” | NDTV: https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/who-was-katsuko-saruhashi-10-things-to-know-about-the-feminist-geochemist-1827137
- “Kathsuko Saruhashi: 5 Things to Know about Japanese Geochemist Katsuko Saruhashi” | TIME: http://time.com/5210207/katsuko-saruhashi-google-doodle/
- “Katsuko Saruhashi: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know” | Heavy: https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/katsuko-saruhashi-google-doodle/
- “Katsuko Saruhashi: Why Google honours her today” | Japan News | Aljazeera: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/03/katsuko-saruhashi-180321132439485.html
- “Who was Katsuko Saruhashi?” | AJC: https://www.ajc.com/news/national/who-was-katsuko-saruhashi-google-honors-legendary-japanese-scientist/20dSiL6g6VdPq03qSSSL8N/
- “Katsuko Saruhashi turned radioactive fallout into a scientific legacy” | The Verge: https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/22/17150728/katsuko-saruhashi-98th-birthday-google-doodle-radioactive-fallout
- Katsuko Sarahashi | Quotes | Newsweek: http://www.newsweek.com/katsuko-saruhashi-google-doodle-quotes-geochemist-856968
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.