“The distance is great from the firm belief to the realization from concrete experience” Isabella I
Isabella I of Castile is born.
Isabella I reigned as Queen of Castile from 1474 until her death. Her marriage to Ferdinand II of Aragon became the basis for the political unification of Spain under their grandson, Charles I.
Isabella I – Queen of Castile – Associated Links:
- Isabella I | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Isabella-I-queen-of-Spain
- Isabella I Biography | New World Encyclopedia: http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Isabella_of_Castile
- Isabella I of Castile | Ancient Origins: http://www.ancient-origins.net/history-famous-people/queen-isabella-i-castile-what-drastic-measures-did-she-take-keep-her-power-021366
- “Death of Isabella I of Castile” | History Today: https://www.historytoday.com/richard-cavendish/death-isabella-i-castile
- “Queen Isabella of Spain” | ThoughtCo: https://www.thoughtco.com/queen-isabella-i-of-spain-biography-3525250
- “5 Facts You May Not Know About Queen Isabella I” | ACIS: http://blog.acis.com/5-facts-you-may-not-know-about-queen-isabella-i-of-spain/
- “Isabella of Castile: Europe’s greatest queen?” | HistoryExtra: https://www.historyextra.com/period/medieval/isabella-of-castile-europes-greatest-queen/
- “Life and Times of Isabella of Castile” | UPENN Digital Library: http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/eagle/congress/bucklin.html
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.