“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that receives it.” Edith Wharton
Edith Wharton American novelist is born.
Edith Wharton was an American novelist, short story writer, and designer. Wharton combined an insider’s view of American aristocracy with a powerful prose style.
Edith Wharton – Novelist – Associated Links:
- Edith Wharton Biography | The Mount Edit Wharton’s Home: https://www.edithwharton.org/discover/edith-wharton/
- Edith Wharton | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Edith-Wharton
- Edith Wharton | The Edith Wharton Biographical Society: https://edithwhartonsociety.wordpress.com/faq/biography/
- Edith Wharton | Smithsonian: http://www.npg.si.edu/exh/wharton/whar3.htm
- “Dearest Edith” | The New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1929/03/02/dearest-edith
- “The Custom of the Country: Vogue Re-creates Edith Wharton’s Artistic Arcadia” | Vogue: https://www.vogue.com/article/the-custom-of-the-country-edith-wharton-estate-in-the-berkshires
- “Wharton Letter Reopens a Mystery” | The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/books/21wharton.html
- “The Age of Desire” by Jamie Fields | The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/books/review/the-age-of-desire-by-jennie-fields.html
- Edith Wharton | Goodreads | Quotes: