Elena Lucrezia Cornaro Piscopia Philosopher and first woman in the world to receive a Ph.D. degree is born.
Elena Lucrezia Cornaro Piscopia, also Helen Cornaro was a Venetian philosopher of noble descent, who was one of the first women to receive an academic degree from a university and in 1678 she became the first woman in the world to receive a Ph.D. degree.
Elena Lucrezia Cornaro Piscopia – Philosopher – Associated Links:
- Elena Piscopia Biography | Agnes Scott College: https://www.agnesscott.edu/lriddle/women/piscopia.htm
- Elena Piscopia | Wichita University: http://www.math.wichita.edu/history/women/piscopia.html
- Elena Piscopia | St. Joseph’s University: https://www.sjupress.com/shop/sjupress/13.html
- Elena Piscopia | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Elena-Cornaro
- Elena Piscopia | Veneto Inside: https://www.venetoinside.com/hidden-treasures/post/elena-lucrezia-corner-piscopia-woman-graduated/
- “In Honor of Brilliant Women: Meet Elena Corner Piscopia, the First Woman to Graduate” | Italy Magazine: http://www.italymagazine.com/featured-story/honor-brilliant-women-meet-elena-corner-piscopia-first-woman-graduate