“The independent girl is a person before whose wrath only the most rash dare stand, and, they, it must be confessed, with much fear and trembling.” Lou Hoover
Lou Henry Hoover Former First Lady is born.
Lou Henry Hoover was the wife of President of the United States Herbert Hoover and served as the First Lady of the United States from 1929 to 1933.
Lou Henry Hoover – First Lady – Associated Links:
- Lou Hoover | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/lou-hoover-9343387
- Lou Hoover | First Ladies Library: http://www.firstladies.org/biographies/firstladies.aspx?biography=32
- Lou Hoover | HISTORY: https://www.history.com/topics/first-ladies/lou-hoover
- Lou Hoover | C-SPAN: http://firstladies.c-span.org/FirstLady/33/Lou-Hoover.aspx
- Lou Hoover | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Lou-Hoover
- Lou Hoover | White House: https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/first-ladies/lou-henry-hoover/
- Lou Hoover | The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum: https://hoover.archives.gov/hoovers/first-lady-lou-henry-hoover
- Lou Hoover | White House Historical Association: https://www.whitehousehistory.org/bios/lou-hoover
- Lou Hoover | U.S. National Park Service: https://www.nps.gov/people/lou-henry-hoover.htm
- “Lou Hoover: A Lady of Firsts” | Mental Floss: http://mentalfloss.com/article/58470/lou-hoover-lady-firsts
- “Lou Henry Hoover: The Adventuresome Activist | Presidential History Blog: https://featherfoster.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/lou-henry-hoover-the-adventuresome-activist/
- Lou Hoover | Goodreads | Quotes: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/811047-that-we-have-the-vote-means-nothing-that-we-use
- Lou Hoover | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/lou_henry_hoover
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.