“A straight line can readily be drawn among each of the two series of points corresponding to the maxima and minima, thus showing that there is a simple relation between the brightness of the variables and their periods.” Henrietta Swan Levitt
Henrietta Swan Leavitt American astronomer is born.
Henrietta Swan Leavitt was an American astronomer who discovered how to calculate the distance of a Star to Earth.
Henrietta Swan Leavitt – Astronomer – Associated Links:
- Henrietta Swan Leavitt | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Henrietta-Swan-Leavitt
- Henrietta Swan Leavitt – Biography, Facts and Pictures | Famous Scientists: https://www.famousscientists.org/henrietta-swan-leavitt/
- Henrietta Swan Leavitt | CSUITEMIND: https://csuitemind.com/quotes/author/henrietta-swan-leavitt/
- Henrietta Swan Levitt: Biography | MacTutor History of Mathematics: http://www-history.mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk/Biographies/Leavitt.html
- Henrietta Swan Levitt | Quotes: http://www.azquotes.com/author/45423-Henrietta_Swan_Leavitt
- “Henrietta Swan Levitt, the ‘Star’ Astronomer of the Universes’ Distances” | GenPORT: http://www.genderportal.eu/blog/henrietta-swan-leavitt-star-astronomer-universes-distances
- “Henrietta Swan Levitt – Celebrating the Forgotten Astronomer” | AAVSO: https://www.aavso.org/henrietta-leavitt-–-celebrating-forgotten-astronomer
- “Leavitt: Discovered How to Measure Stellar Discovered How to Measure Stellar Distances” | SPACE: https://www.space.com/34708-henrietta-swan-leavitt-biography.html
- “A Science Odyssey: People and Discoveries: Henrietta Swan” | PBS: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/databank/entries/baleav.html
- “Women in Science: Henrietta Swan Levitt” | Science Byte: http://science-byte.blogspot.com/2012/03/women-in-science-henrietta-swan-leavitt.html