Betsy Ross American seamstress known for making the first American flag is born.
Elizabeth Griscom “Betsy” Ross, née Griscom, also known by her second and third married names, Ashburn and Claypoole, is widely credited with making the first American flag.
Betsy Ross – Seamstress -Associated Links:
- Betsy Ross | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/betsy-ross-9464205
- Betsy Ross | USHistory: http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/
- Betsy Ross | USFlag: http://www.usflag.org/about.betsy.ross.html
- Betsy Ross | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Betsy-Ross
- Betsy Ross | American Revolution | HISTORY: https://www.history.com/topics/american-revolution/betsy-ross
- Betsy Ross | Historic Philadelphia: http://historicphiladelphia.org/betsy-ross-house/woman/
- Betsy Ross | History of American Women: http://www.womenhistoryblog.com/2010/04/betsy-ross.html
- “11 Things You Might Not Know About Betsy Ross” | PhillyMagazine: https://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/06/14/first-flag-day-betsy-ross/
- “The Truth About Betsy Ross” | The Colonial Williamsburg: http://www.history.org/foundation/journal/summer08/betsy.cfm
- “The myth and legend of Betsy Ross” |Fun Flag Facts: http://funflagfacts.com/2016/02/11/the-myth-and-legend-of-betsy-ross/