Raye Montague American engineer is born.
Raye Jean Montague was an American naval engineer credited with creating the first computer-generated rough draft of a U.S. naval ship. She was the first female program manager of ships in the United States Navy.
Raye Montague – Engineer- Associated Links:
- “Meet the woman who broke barriers as a hidden figure at the US Navy” | ABC News
- “Ray Montague Is a Black Woman Who Designed Computerized Ships for NAVY | BlackMattersUS
- “When the Chips Fall, Be Ready & Take Charge – Navy’s “Hidden Figure” Advises Audience”| NAVSEA
- “Janelle Monae Honors “Hidden Figure’ and Naval Engineer Raye Montague” | Huffington Post
- “This Woman Was the Navy’s “Hidden Figures” | Refinery29
- “The Girl With a Mind for Math: The Story of Raye Montague” | Amazon
- “Against the Odds: Naval Engineer Rate Montague” | Military.com
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.