Ilhan Omar Minnesota State Representative is born.
Ilhan Omar is a Somali American politician from Minnesota. In 2016, she was elected a Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party member of the Minnesota House of Representatives, making her the first Somali American legislator elected to office in the United States.
Ilhan Omar – Politician – Associated Links:
- Ilhan Omar | Twitter: https://twitter.com/IlhanMN
- Ilhan Omar | Official Site: https://www.ilhanomar.com
- Ilhan Omar | About | Official Site: https://www.ilhanomar.com/about/
- Omar, Ihan (1982-) |The Black Past Remembered: https://blackpast.org/aah/omar-ilhan-1982
- Ilhan Omar | Minnesota House of Representatives
- “My Sisters and I Are Busting Through These Doors”|Huffington Post
- TIME First Women Leaders: Ilhan Omar| TIME
- “Former Refugee Ilhan Omar Makes History By Becoming First Somali- American Legislator” | NPR
- “Somali-born MuslimAmerican Congress candidate wants to ‘instill hope in people’ | The Times of Israel
- “How Ilhan Omar Won Over Hearts in Minnesota’s Fifth”| The New Yorker
- “Minnesota’s Ilhan Omar: 5 Facts You Need to Know” | Heavy
- “Congresswoman Elect Ilhan Omar Shares Advice for Young People and How She Deals with Islamophobia” | Teen Vogue
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.