Mary Pickersgill, the maker of the Star Spangled Banner Flag hoisted over Fort McHenry during the Battle of Baltimore in the War of 1812, is born.
Mary Pickersgill – Seamstress – Associated Links:
- Mary Pickersgill | Smithsonian: https://amhistory.si.edu/starspangledbanner/making-the-flag.aspx
- Mary Pickersgill | National Park Service: https://www.nps.gov/people/mary-pickersgill.htm
- Mary Pickersgill | Maryland Hall of Fame: https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/educ/exhibits/womenshall/html/pickersgill.html
- Mary Pickersgill | American Historical Theatre: https://www.ahtheatre.org/characters/mary-pickersgill
- “Mary Pickersgill: Maker of the Star Spangled Banner” | America Comes Alive
- “Woman who stitched ‘The Star Spangled Banner'”| History of American Women
- “Maryland girl helped stitch historic ‘Star Spangled Banner’| The Washington Post
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.