Wendy Barrien Lawrence Helicopter Pilot is born.
Wendy Barrien Lawrence is a retired United States Navy Captain, former helicopter pilot, an engineer, and a former NASA astronaut. She was the first female graduate of the United States Naval Academy to fly into space and she has also visited the Russian Space Station Mir. She was a mission specialist on STS-114, the first Space Shuttle flight after the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster.
Wendy Lawrence – Aviator Pilot – Related Links:
- Wendy Lawrence | United States Navy Academy USNA: https://www.usna.edu/Notables/featured/03lawrence.php
- Wendy Lawrence | Twitter: https://twitter.com/AstroWendyL
- Wendy Lawrence | The Mars Generation: https://www.themarsgeneration.org/captain-wendy-lawrence/
- Wendy Lawrence | Veteran Tributes: http://www.veterantributes.org/TributeDetail.php?recordID=230
- Wendy Lawrence | National Aeronautics and Space Administration: http://www.spaceacts.com/starship/seh/lawrence.html
- Wendy Lawrence | SpaceFacts: http://www.spacefacts.de/bios/astronauts/english/lawrence_wendy.htm
- Wendy Lawrence | Spaceflight Now: https://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts114/crew/lawrence.html
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.