‘Don’t settle for average. Bring your best to the moment. Then, whether it fails or succeeds, at least you know you gave all you had. We need to live the best that’s in us.” Angela Bassett
Angela Bassett American Actress, Director, Producer, and Activist is born.
Angela Bassett began her film career in the 1980s, after earning a bachelor of arts degree from Yale University and a master of fine arts degree from the Yale School of Drama.
She is known for her biographical film roles, most notably her performance as Tina Turner in the biopic What’s Love Got to Do with It (1993), for which she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress and won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical. Bassett has additionally portrayed real life figures Betty Shabazz in both Malcolm X (1992) and Panther (1995), Katherine Jackson in The Jacksons: An American Dream (1992), Voletta Wallace in Notorious (2009) and Coretta Scott King in Betty & Coretta (2013). Her other notable film roles include Reva Styles in Boyz n the Hood (1991), Bernie Harris in Waiting to Exhale (1995), Rachel Constantine in Contact (1997), Lynne Jacobs in Olympus Has Fallen (2013) and London Has Fallen (2016), and Queen Ramonda in Black Panther (2018) and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
Angela Bassett – Actress- Associated Links:
- Angela Bassett | Instagram
- Angela Bassett | Twitter
- Angela Bassett | Facebook
- Angela Bassett | Biography
- Angela Bassett | IMDb
- Angela Bassett | Britannica
- Angela Bassett | Encyclopedia
- Angela Bassett | TV Guide
- Angela Bassett | Famous African Americans
- Angela Bassett | Empire
- Angela Bassett | Broadway.com
Angela Bassett – Actress – Related Articles:
- “Angela Bassett and Her Husband Courtney B. Vance’s Love Story” | Oprah Magazine
- “Angela Bassett shares ‘devastating’ story about sexual assault” | USA Today