Maya Reis Gabeira Brazilian big wave surfer is born.
She is most known for having surfed a 73.5 ft/22,4 m high wave in Nazare, Portugal in February 2020, recorded by Guinness World Records as the biggest wave ever surfed by a female. She also held the previous record of 68 ft/20,8 m established in January 2018.
Maya Reis Gabeira – Surfer- Associated Links:
Maya Reis Gabeira – Surfer – Related Links
- “Maya Gabeira: 35 little-known facts about the Brazilian big wave surfer” | SurferToday
- “Maya Gabeira: The extreme surfer who went back to tame a monstrous wave” | BBC Sport
- “Maya Gabeira Takes a Breath” | Outside Online
- “This Woman Surfed the Biggest Wave of the Year” | The Atlantic
- “Brazilian surfer Maya Gabeira breaks own world record for largest wave surfed by a Woman” | CBS Sports
On October 29, 2013
September 10, 2020