“Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.” Toni Morrison
Toni Morrison American Novelist was born.
Toni Morrison is an American novelist, essayist, editor, teacher, and professor emeritus at Princeton University. Morrison won the Pulitzer Prize and the American Book Award in 1988 for Beloved.
- Toni Morrison | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/toni-morrison-9415590
- Toni Morrison Biography | Nobel Prize: https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1993/morrison-bio.html
- Toni Morrison Facts | Nobel Prize: https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1993/morrison-facts.html
- Toni Morrison | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Toni-Morrison
- Toni Morrison | Official Site: http://www.tonimorrisonsociety.org
- “Toni Morrison is ’93 winner of Nobel Prize in Literature” | NY Times in Literature: http://www.nytimes.com/1983/10/08/books/93nobel.html?pagewanted=all
- “I’m writing for black people… I don’t have to apologize” | The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/apr/25/toni-morrison-books-interview-god-help-the-child
- “The Radical Vision of Toni Morrison” | The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/12/magazine/the-radical-vision-of-toni-morrison.html
- Toni Morrison | Quotes | Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/3534.Toni_Morrison
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.